Apply for HCV / Section 8
Applications for Bluefield Housing Authority Public Housing are currently open.
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in placing an application, you can visit our Bluefield Housing Authority office located at 1600 Hill Avenue Bluefield, WV 24701. You may also call the office at 304.325.9653 to have an application mailed to you. Please view the Communities Page for contact information for the properties.
Applications must be printed, filled out, and faxed to 305.325.9539 or mailed to us. Applications go on our waiting list by date and time of arrival at our agency. It is your responsibility to update your application at least once every six months to keep the application active on the wait list.
You will need the following information to complete an application:
- Birth Certificates for all household members who will be living in the unit.
- Social Security Cards for all household members who will be living in the unit.
- Picture ID for all household members 18 years of age or older who will be living in the unit.
- Names of all persons who will be living in the unit, their sex, date of birth, and relationship to the Family Head of household.
- Your present mailing address and telephone number.
- An estimate of your family's anticipated income for the next twelve months and the sources of that income.
- The names and addresses of employers, banks, and any other information the BHA would need to verify your income and deductions and to verify the family composition.
- Names and addresses of your current and previous landlords for information about your family's suitability as a tenant
- Other items may be requested at your eligibility interview.
After the Authority receives your application and the Head of Household's identification documents, it will be processed and placed on the appropriate waiting list by the date and time received. Once a unit becomes available, you will be contacted by mail for an eligibility appointment. An application must be updated every six months, or it will be deleted per policy.
(In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Bluefield Housing Authority will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.)